Tour 6 in 1
1) Fruit Stand. Your first stop is Fruit Stand, where they will give a little talk of cocoa and coffee. Also will taste delicious fruits of the Caribbean.
2) Visit Playa Bonita. (Just 15 minutes from the pier).
3) The Jungle Trail. La Jungle Trail offers a 1 km trek through a secondary forest offering beautiful landscapes, various flora and fauna, and including many opportunities to see the remarkably fascinating different frog species of Costa Rica, for example, the red dart frog (dendrobatids pumillo).
Inside the trail, among the abundant fauna visitors may witness the 3 toed sloths and see the different species of birds: Toucans, Oropendola, Tanagers, Hummingbirds, kiskidees and much more, squirrels, and the majestic butterflies that swarm through the trail. The creeks which appear during the trail, add a crisp freshness to the air, yet more importantly, enable the reproduction of many of the organisms living there. For example, these creeks create the perfect atmosphere for the various types of frogs you will encounter, allowing the perfect place for egg laying. You will witness the beautiful flora, such as the epiphytes, orchids, and bromeliads as well as other ground level plants with various sized leaves appearing in their plenty. The different species of trees ranging from young to old, small to large, serve as homes to many of the creatures being large mammals to tiny insects. These trees as you will witness are also adorned by the lianas that hang from the branches.
4) The Tortuguero Canals: Board your covered boat for a 60-minute leisurely cruise through the jungle canals. Your guide explains the rainforest ecosystem and points out sights of interest. Keep an eye out for wildlife including howler monkeys, sloths, toucans, aquatic birds, bats, and crocodiles, as well as exotic flora.
5) Visit a viewpoint of the city. (There is a new Restaurant “Red Snapper Viewpoint”.
6) Shopping for coffee & vanilla.
Duration 5 hours